We need a great icon for our Android app!
The logo elements in our app are quite limited, so we want an app icon that really stands out and captures all the fun that can be expected inside the PopP app.
The PopP app UI is designed around Google's material design principles, so we would like an icon that complements the in-app design language.
We have had some ideas around concepts: (please choose one of the concepts, or feel free to provide entries for both (but please note that the two concepts probably shouldnt be combined in the same icon ;))
ICON CONCEPT 1:
• a gift box that pops open, with coins, diamonds and gold bars bursting out.
• Flat and "Google-ish" design language with the fresh PopP colour palette.
ICON CONCEPT 2:
• Roy Lichtenstein's '60s Pop Art meets 21 century digital material design.
• Go on and google image search "pop!" and you will get the idea.
• Reinterpreting this iconic graphic with digital layering, shadows and modern colurways and "PopP!" could be very cool.
For more information about Material Design, please see: http://www.google.com/design/spec/m…principles
We are using a particular colour palette in the app, and think it would be a good idea to include or focus on these in the icon as well. In the attached documents, you will find our colour palettes that we consider using in our app in Europe and in Asia.
For other colours to use please see: http://www.google.com/design/spec/s…olor.html#