Branding needs to represent a business or a service provision. We offer good quality nursing care in a loving and homely environment to the elderly. I want our branding to reflect what we do and represent what we stand for appropriately and accurately. Branding also helps to sell a business or service provision. I want our branding to help to encourage people to want to know more about us and add value to the marketing that we do.
Ashley Lodge Nursing Home
WHAT: An appropriate, well balanced, meaningful, memorable logo that can eventually be used on all office stationary and marketing material (including website).
WHY: Becasue our current logo in terrible, it doesn't repesent who we are and adds no value to any print material.
OUR COMPANY: We are an independant, family-run care home in London, UK. The home exists to provide a happy and homely atmosphere for its residents who can no longer be cared for in their own homes. Our aim is that all residents shall live in a clean and safe environment and be treated with respect and sensitivity. Staff will be responsive to the individual needs of our residents and will provide the appropriate degree of care to assure the highest possible quality of life within the Home.
TO CONSIDER: Our business caters for the elderly. But, many of the people looking into our service are children or grand-children of the people needing to be looked after. Therefore, our logo needs ot be accessible to all. Classic but contemporary, if that's not too much of a contradiction in terms!
- Tag line - we don't currently have one but I am not averse to the idea of havng a tag line. It might help to communicate what we're all about better than simply a graphic.
- Something meaningful that represents the service we provide - caring, loving, homely, etc.
- Look - clean, well balanced.
- Something that will work equally well on a letterhead, brochure, website, invoice, etc.
- I would quite like a logo that can be split into seperate components, e.g. using the logo without the strap line or using an swish or a shape independently, whilst stll tying it to the brand (not sure if that makes sense!?!).
- Look - messy, fussy.
- Anything too old fashioned looking.
- Anything too hip and trendy and new age.
- I hate centred text...centred anything really!