For this contest I'd love to see at least a few of you take the butterfly/moth idea in the comp that I posted and flesh that it out a bit more. If you aren't feeling that idea, please take creative liberties and let me see what you can do. I'll let you know in advance that I've already seen things done with "db" that can look pretty phallic, so steer clear of that. ;-) If you are struggling with ideas be sure to visit the URLs I posted in the about section or refer to http://vector.tutsplus.com/designin…nstructed/ for inspiration (pay extra attention to number 2).
Additional requirements include:
- Vector versions of the logo
- The original file format used to build the logo (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, etc.)
- Explain your design when you post. I love to read about what inspired you to create your design. Nothing says "tossed together" quite like a blank comment.
- The use of my initials "DB" or "DDB" as the basis of the logo
- My name "DeLynn Berry" in a font and style that compliments the design
- Disclose the names of any fonts used so that I can purchase them myself for use in future print or design pieces
- Must look good on a white background
We'll be using the following rating system (modified from the GiGiKi and Morgan Lewis contests):
1 star - Wrong direction, start over
2 star - Some elements we like, but it's still a miss
3 star - Interesting concept that needs further refinement. You're getting close but need revisions or a different angle to your design
4 star - A great design. Probably only needs a tweak of color or shading.
5 star - You've made the Final Cut
Feel free to lowercase my name as was done in the comp, but if you are going to use capital letters, please make sure you remember that the "L" in DeLynn is capitalized.