Online store selling live Louisiana crawfish (Procambarus clarkii), shipped next day air for outdoor cookouts. We would like a logo that does not resemble other logos featuring crawfish. Please view the examples in the “don’t want” section.
Currently, our business relies on keyword traffic to establish new customers and generate sales. Since, we are new to the marketplace, we are trying to build our brand and reputation based on quality, value and trust. Our primary product is a 40 pound sack of live crawfish ($200.00 USD). Because it is highly perishable, delivery costs more than the crawfish itself. A professional logo will help create confidence on the part of the customer when deciding to purchase from crawfish.com.
Most of our customers are buying live louisiana crawfish to prepare at large, social, outdoor gatherings. The crawfish are boiled with “Cajun” seasonings and spread out on tables for guests to pick and eat. This Cajun tradition and regional specialty is very common in Louisiana for family and friends. In the rest of the United States, it is a rare novelty. Anyone hosting a crawfish boil outside of Louisiana does so at a huge expense.
Our goal is to simplify the ordering process of hard-to-find ingredients and equipment required to host this type of event. Our store will also sell seasoning, large cooking pots and other Louisiana seafood products, as well as pre-cooked crawfish to enjoy without all the effort. Our prices are highly competitive.
- Professional, creative logo with a modern feel using minimal elements, where the crawfish is the focal point.
- Prefer abstract rendering of a crawfish
- Keep it simple, no detailed borders or backgrounds. It should look great by itself on a white background.
- Elements of Louisiana, Cajuns, bayous, and swamps
- 2-4 Colors
- Red should be the most vivid/saturated of the colors, used for the crawfish)
- Dark or drab greens, tan or browns, black for outlines, accents, detail, etc
- Vector format in Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator (.eps, -or- .ai)
- Recognizable from a small favicon to a large outdoor banner.
- Tagline/Slogan: “Delivering the bayou to You”Suggestions:
1. A crawfish viewed from the front with its claws/pinchers raised up in the air.
2. An outlined or solid version of the State of Louisiana for the background element.
3. A crawfish taking the form of a fleur-di-lis.
4. If incorporating a boat, use a traditional pirogue.
Here's an example of a crawfish profile and some variants we liked. You can use this design if you wish.
- Lobsters (claw is too big), Shrimp (no claws) or Prawns (aren’t those chess pieces)- Elements of beaches, palm trees, mountains, salt-water- Color gradients- Caricature, Character, Cartoon, Animated features- An entire landscape scene or busy, complicated graphics- Similar viewing angle or visible profile of the crawfish itself (seen in other logos)Logos similar to these (not because we don’t like them, they’re just someone else’s work) :
Louisiana Crawfish Company
Crawfish Company Of Central Florida
Cajun Crawfish Company
Kyle LeBlanc Crawfish Farms
Cajun Crawfish (Fruge Aquafarms, Inc.)