When thinking of Fastvue, we would like our customers to think the following:
Speed, great analytics, scalable (able to provide analytics for large organizations), simple to use, time saver, productivity enhancer, cost saver. Oh, and 'the funkiest reporting solution ever!'.
The people using our software are generally IT administrators. The people seeking our software can also be general managers in a company. They're generally pretty serious, technical people, but we'd like to add some fun into their day to day by creating an app that is simple, and a joy to use.
The types of analytics we provide include:
Bandwidth: What applications, sites, users etc are using the network/internet the most.
Productivity: Who is spending the most time using the Internet unproductively and what are they doing (facebook etc)?
Security: What threats are entering or exiting my organization? DOS attacks, Port scans, Confidential data leaks by employees etc.
This logo will be used in our applications and on our website (which doesn't exist yet).
I've attached a screenshot of the main dashboard in its current state. We are very very early on in the development, so this may change considerably. The 'Fastvue' logo in the top right is what we need designing. The one there at the moment is just a place holder.
Some new comments based on the submissions received so far:
1. Stick to the colour scheme Green/Gray/Silver. Preferring nice bright lime greens.
2. Keep the icon subtle. No more big 3D glossy icons.
3. Make sure the icon can be positioned to the right or left of the text without it being too much larger than the height of the text.
4. The icon needs to represent speed and/or analytics and/or utilize the F and the V from fastvue.
5. Try shapes other than a circle for the icon (we've received A LOT of these :)). But if you think you have a killer design using a circle, go ahead.
6. No more arrows around a ball please!
7. Use one colour for 'Fast' and another colour for 'vue'