We are looking for a cutting edge logo for our annual conference next year, which will be held in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The conference typically attracts 2,000 attendees, who are there for 4 days to get education on the latest technologies and to network with each other.
The logo should have "2011 Annual Meeting and Exposition" in it and must appeal to our IT professionals audience. Other things to think about:
1. No cartoons, clip art, or stock images
2. Nothing fancy, since our audience are working people.
3. Nothing too abstract and not cluttered
4. Design should be clean, since the logo will be used on everything from printed materials, to website, to presentations, to signage.
5. The typeface should be clear, simple and bold. We want something that stands out.
Feel free to experiment with colors! For reference, our company logo colors are PMS 541, PMS 542, PMS 142. Other related colors to keep in mind for reference are Black and CMYK (51 1 99 1), (75 43 0 0), and (0 24 94 0) - these are colors of the logos of the three technologies most widely used by our members.
The files we will require are (CS2 or lower):
Print file format - .ai and EPS (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Keep our audience in mind that they are technology people, so the logo should appeal to them.
Our website is http://www.common.org