This contest is to create the HighStranger™ logo, which should, ideally, consist of the written brand name plus an associated icon (for example, Twitter + its bird icon). The icon is not required (but it would be nice).
A PDF design brief, including images, is here:
What we're looking to do with this contest is establish a direct connection with one or more designers for additional design work, starting as soon as possible (basically immediately, depending on your availability).
Even if you don't participate in this contest, maybe you can pass it along to your friends and colleagues who might be interested. You can do that directly or, even better, through Facebook or Twitter. If you want a chance to win a free HighStranger t-shirt, see here: http://highstranger.com/contest
The contest has been guaranteed AND extended for three days and ends on Saturday, November 13th.
1) High and Stranger should be on one line unless there is a reason for them to be on two, such as you can see in one highly rated submission.
3) No ALLCAPS.
3) If you incorporate a bong into your design, please make sure it looks like a bong and remember there are lots of different styles of bongs, not just the one that seems to keep cropping up over and over again here. In case anyone else is planning to use a bong in their design, here is some inspiration: http://goo.gl/JjWPM
4) No need to put a registered trademark or TM symbol in the design, those kinds of details the winning designer will add later, as part of the polishing process we'll do with the contest winner after awarding the win to him or her.
5) You can put variations with and without some sort of ".com" in the design if you want. That's totally optional. Can either be a URL or just a .com, such as what Fossa22 did here (link to portfolio): http://99designs.com/users/436376/f…ns/5971539
6) Nice to see versions for light and dark backgrounds, such as specified in the design brief and shown in some of the higher-rated contest entries so far. That's optional for the contest entry, but is a required deliverable as per the design brief.
7) Remember, you are doing this in Adobe Illustrator or another VECTOR program, the layered output of which we can and will work with in Adobe Illustrator.