I like shooting stuff. I am an avid hunter and outdoors man. Everything that I purchase to get out in the great outdoors seems to fall apart. I figured out that I should be building some of the gear I am using rather than paying a ton of money for something that fails the second time I use it. I wanted to give people an affordable option in hunting and outdoor gear and clothing. I want my products not to just last, but outlast everything. I want them to be the best, and more durable and reliable than anything else on the market. So the reason I started this company, and my first product line is because of an ATV bag I purchased. I spent $180 on it, and when I was putting it on my 4-wheeler, snaps were breaking on it. After the second trip, it was leaking water and the zipper broke. So that was my first project. After several prototypes, and testing, it is ready for mass manufacture. I have several more ideas on products, but I need to get this flagship product out there first, and get a name for myself that shows quality and cost effectiveness.
Cuéntanos a qué tipo de público quieres llegar
Outdoors people. People who hunt, fish, climb, camp, survive, take a stroll in the woods, whatever. I want to reach across the boundaries of house hold income as well. Typically, you have the people who make money, and spend a stupid amount for a Jacket because it is made by Sitka. (Hunting Clothing Company) When that same jacket made by North face is half the price. But Sitka makes it in camo, and they have done some serious marketing. Joe who makes decent income, but doesn't want to spend $300 on a hunting jacket, will go purchase the $75 jacket at his local sporting goods store, but it might fall short of what he needs. I want a product that entices both parties to purchase it. A good quality product, priced right for both the average Joe, and the guy who can purchase something three times the cost.
1. I need a logo for Gear Freak
2. I want it to look serious/ hard core. Not fluffy or bubbly.
3. I want the "Nike Swoosh". Yeah I know, everyone wants the swoosh. But I need a simple something that makes it easily and quickly identifiable. Some companies in this industry that have something like that are http://www.sikagear.com and http://www.eberlestock.com I really like the Sitka Gear symbol, easy and sleek.
4. Antlers and Mountains are a bit overdone in this industry. Not saying that it is a absolute no, but my limited creative mind can't think of anything unique enough to incorporate it into a design. They are almost so overdone, that people don't take it seriously anymore.
5. Bold colors are welcome. But use common sense, bright pink and chartreuse may not be the best choices.
Thanks for your help. I realize it is probably not the biggest amount of money to win, but I am just a guy on a tight budget trying to get something better to the masses.