Petamazoo.com at the moment is a large-scale “proof of concept” project that may evolve into an actual company of its own. It's a pet and animal oriented venture with offerings to pets, their owners, and people who service those pets.
Currently under development are hardware pieces, handheld applications, and a website. We are at a point where it would be nice to begin to formulate an identity.
We need a fun, fresh, inspired logo to start branding items involved in development of the final product.
Imagine if your dog could sit at your computer desk, bang away on the keys, and interact with his buddies online, set appointments, and manage his own life. Without getting into details, that's the gist of it and as close as I come to describing things at the moment.
The closest description that can be provided about Petamazoo.com isthat the website portion is essentially a social site for pets (yeahcrazy, we know), their owners, and pet service providers. The winninglogo will assist in the design of the website and drive some of theearly conceptual art in numerous areas. If the winning piece is reallygood we can offer high-visibility to the artist and may considerlinking to the artist(s) from the finalized products “about” section(s).
We have held previous competitions and provided 100 percent feedback. We fully intend to do so again here, so any artist willing to work withus….we will work with!
Task: We are looking for a crisp, professional logo which utilizes the full brand name (petamazoo.com) which will be used for identifying the brand at numerous customer touch-points.
What this means: Well, this concept has numerous different working components unlike many of the website type companies frequently found offering contests here at 99Designs. This logo will be immediately used in conceptual desktop/handheld software applications, may be recessed into molded plastic forms for devices, and in a standard CSS based web layout design.
All of these are aimed at pet lovers and pet owners. It will be a caring company/project which will attempt to encompass terms like caring, sincerity, professionalism, service, entertainment, and above all else FUN!
- Overall Design: Something fun and loose yet at the same time tight, and self contained. If this logo is to be raised on a smooth surface or recessed into hard-plastic it can’t be over-complicated and all over the place. I do not want to hinder artistic inspiration so I don’t want to offer too much direction. However, the logo itself should include the brand name “petamazoo.com”. The user may encounter a piece of hardware and need to go to the website and well, we’re not Apple, so a picture will not tell most users where to go.
- More Overall: The imagery design entries should all be FUN without sacrificing a sense of professionalism. Think almost along the lines of child toys. They are attractive and inviting to the children, yet the parents do not feel they are purchasing unsafe toys from an unprofessional company.
- Colors and Fonts: It would be nice to remain at 3-Color but certainly not more than 5. They should be light and inviting (dark designs will be rejected outright) It should work well as solid vector art (no complicated shading) and would be best to use common available font (don’t use your own or some font from a rare font-kit). It should be viewable/readable (granted not as fun) in single color and if reduced small (1-inch across).
- Winning Final Formats: It is REQUIRED to be available in vector formats for Illustrator/Photoshop. A series of sized jpegs (from small to large) would be excellent as well to assist in considering how a design will play on a small piece of plastic as well as a website header.
- Have Fun!: It’s tough for us to determine what we don’t want as long as the artist adheres to the “wants” list. Try to be inspired and be original, of course!