Garner - meaning, to gather, assemble or get together, particularly in the context of information. If preparing an abstract mark or pictorial, this should be symbolically conveyed.
- Target audience is 40-60, male, living in Western Canada, university educated.
- Target audience is business-oriented, and values getting things done.
- Target companies are very large, multinational organizations. the critical quality to communicate to them is trustworthiness.
- Our company values are acumen, integrity, and collaboration.
- We foresee problems before they become costly delays.
- Our value comes from integrating a wide variety of data streams/flows into one, mission-critical system, providing efficiency and control.
- We have a reputation for success where others have failed.
OTHER STYLE NOTES:
- We are a software company, but we are not looking for a futuristic or techie flavour. We help companies most by providing solutions, not by providing technology.
- We aren't looking for a tagline in the logo: just Garner. A logo that can accommodate variants with taglines is fine, but there must be a version that stands on its own, with just the name.
- We will leave feedback at least twice per day. We will eventually address all submissions.
* - This is not a submission we will use, or whose concept should be further pursued. We will leave these designs visible so that designers can get a better sense of what we're definitely not looking for.
** - This is a submission we think is quality work, but does not fit the goals stated in the brief. It's unlikely that developing this concept will lead to success, but we are willing to be surprised.
*** - This is a submission we think is quality work, and that partially captures our design goals. There is evidence that developing this concept could yield success. However, there is at least one major problem with the submission, and we would not use it as our logo.
**** - This submission has successfully captured some or most of our stated goals. This is definitely a concept worth building on. We are not quite ready to use this design as our logo, but it is close.
***** - This is a submission we would be comfortable using as our logo. If there is at least one of these designs, we will award the contest.