What sort of brand feeling do we want to get across?
Static should be hip, web 2.0 (I hate that term), and have the feeling of being progressive. Using a word like static is kind of risk in the first place, since static is basically the opposite of dynamic and could be interpreted as 'standing still'. We want to break that stigma using clean, simple design.
In conversation, we want to refer to the company as 'Static'. The word 'media' should be secondary and while included in the logo, not be the primary focus.
A few thoughts on the logo:
In my head I have been envisioning white noise, like television white noise (http://falln-stock.deviantart.com/a…2-69054583) as being part of the logo somehow. But not necessarily including any television elements.
1) Include white noise in some form factor.
a. Inside a black outlined, block letter STATIC?
b. On the back of the business cards?
3) Let’s try to stay away from cursive and other fonts that could be hard to read when printed in a small font.
4) Stay away from grunge or dirty textures. We want a professional, simple and clean look.
5) I think an icon of some sort isn’t a bad idea.
6) Try to not emphasize the word media as it will be a secondary focus.