Our IP Storage systems deliver best-in-class performance, scalability, compatibility, density and reliability at lowest cost through generations of open-source IP storage software. We are rapidly becoming the main storage engine in Linux (and we are being included in Linux per default).
Some of the world's largest ISPs and CDNs are achieving 10 GbE line-rate storage throughput from virtual machines with RisingTide end-to-end IP Storage solutions, thereby increasing their densities by an order of magnitude and driving operating cost reductions of up to 90%.
For maximum data continuity, RisingTide IP Storage provides fully redundant storage system configurations with adjustable performance and availability levels for a wide range of business requirements.
In terms of positioning, here are some companies that are somewhat similar: EMC, NetApp, 3PAR, Cirtas, etc. I'd be happy to provide more examples upon request.
To help you with the design: I'm a fan of minimalistic, clean design with a touch of sophistication and class.
OEMs, storage systems vendors, systems vendors, ISPs, data centers, hosting companies
CIOs, technical people in larger companies, end customers, users
Please take a look at the attached logo. I'd like to get it modified as follows:
* I am happy with the text mark ("RisingTide Systems"), it's color scheme, font, typeface and layout. Unless you have a compelling reason, please don't change it.
* I am not happy with the design element next to "RisingTide Systems". I like (1) the color scheme (2) the basic idea (3) the resulting brand mark (please see attached document examples). I would like to be able to keep those. I don't like: (1) The design element evokes associations of a whish mob, or some bird, or some sea animal (2) The design element doesn't scale well.
Please propose a modified design element with the followng requirements:
(1) It should evoke associations of a "rising tide" or a "wave" AND
(2) It should evoke associations of perhaps a spread-out fibre optics cable, OR
(3) It should evoke associations of (either) data storage, network, connectivity, connecting, high-speed, a pool of data, a rising tide of data, data flowing through a high speed network, data being farmed out or data being aggregated/condensed
If at all possible, I'd like to be able to keep the resulting brand mark (see attached documents for its current usage).
I'd like PNG and EPS versions of the resulting logo, and I can supply both to work with.
Please let me know if you like/need more input, ideas, etc.