Our logo is principally for the web but we'll want to use it on an array of items -- brochures, business cards, T-Shirts.
With that in mind, here are some points to consider:
- Remember our clients work in big companies, so they're accustomed to a certain level of quality. The logo shouldn't be 'busy' or *too* colorful.
- We need to convey that we're positive, confident and enthusiastic -- but we are also responsible, reliable and slightly conservative. You need to be able to look at the logo and think, 'Yes I'd like to do business with those people.'
- We'd like some kind of icon or graphic as part of the logo -- perhaps relating to servers, blades, software, networks, computers, technology.
- Alongside the icon or graphic, we'd like the word 'Bladewatch'. Capitalised, sentence case, lowercase, that doesn't matter. Do experiment with position in relation to the icon/graphic.
- Typeface -- we usually prefer bold, easy to read, easy to identify typefaces but we'd welcome your suggestions
- Colors -- probably colors that engender quality, confidence, stability with a bit of excitement and energy.
- The entire logo should able to work in black and white too