We'd like to lean towards using the colors of red and white (like the current DC Flag: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distri…mbia_flag), but please feel free to experiment with different shades or additional colors like a deep blue in the US flag…we are not committed to any color scheme.
1. We would want to have the logo incorporate a star, similar to the dimensions on the American flag.
2. The words “Where’s My Star?” should also be a part of the logo - don't forget the question mark.
3. We like the way the US Army Logo uses the star - feel free to be influenced by it:
4. We saw this contest, and liked a lot of the designs in terms of colors and capturing the American flag...perhaps some inspiration can be found (but please no stealing!) http://99designs.com/logo-design/co…ople-37910 (see #199)
5. We'd be interested in designs that make it clear this is about getting a new star on the American flag.
6. The theme of the number “51” or the geographic outline of the District of Columbia can be used if appropriate, but it’s not required.
1. No “Cartoony” logos
2. The design and typeface should be clear, simple and bold. We want something that stands out.
3. While this is for Washington, DC we'd like to avoid any reference to the iconic symbols of the city - White House, Capitol, Monuments, etc. Those are Federal symbols, and this is about the real people and actual neighborhoods of DC - beyond the touristy core.
4. The brand may be flexible and could read "Where's Their Star?" as well, so a design that could handle both would be appreciated.
5. Here are some examples of logos that have some elements we like: