Desired Color Scheme:
Background: #527da8 - must include orange #FF6633 and whites/greys
See full description
Accepted File Formats:
Will use as GIF - but source Photoshop/Illustrator etc files
See the website for the current logo - http://www.toolspot.co.uk
The site has been established for several years with a regular customer base, so I don't want the new logo to be too far removed from the existing plain lettering, but I would want it to convey much more personality.
The website will be staying essentially the same with the blue header bar. So the logo must be designed to either:
a) be on the same background colour: #527da8 (bit of a random colour, I know!)
b) be on some sort of background which will complement/or fit onto the blue bar - entirely up to you!
I might be interested in the logo forming the edge of the blue bar, or even extending a little outside the bar. I don't mind removing the curved corner on the bar if you want to do something clever with the blue bar in your design.
It must also fit or be close to the height of the bar - 62 pixels high at the moment, but I don't mind stretching it a little if you're desperate for a bit more space!
The font I used was Century Gothic - I don't mind if you want to use a different font, but I think I'd want to keep it a fairly round-ish looking font. The logo must also include ".co.uk" as a reminder of the domain name (I tried to get the .com but failed!).
The brand needs to convey: easy, fast and non-nonsense, and some sort of play on the word 'spot' as a reminder of the name. I would like it to show personality - i.e. that there's people behind the site.
Possible ideas include (but not restricted to!):
- Any use of circles or part-circles - as a play on the word 'spot'
- The use of images of people - i.e. building contractors.
- A cartoon-style M&M like man wearing a hard-hat and holding tools('Mr Spot' - sad I know!), Maybe with a 'thumbs-up'.
- I quite like the idea of a 'thumbs-up', so either on it's own, or encorporated with a person or tools
- Subtle use of tools - I think it's best to avoid too much use of tools in the logo to avoid it becoming cheesy. But things like screw-heads in the 'o's might be an idea.
- Use of parcels
- Use of delivery vans
- Motion-blur (fast delivery)
Please don't use all those ideas - that would be way to much!
The logo doesn't need to have a tagline, but if you can think of something clever, by all means include it. I've used the tagline "Online tool shopping... made easy!" a bit in the past, but if you can think of something better - then great.
Any questions, please message me!