We need open-minded designers to create a modern looking and eye-catching logo that caters the needs and interests of both senior decision makers inside traditional news companies and young professionals running multimedia sites.
http://truman.es ::: Información en movimiento
Truman is an online video-news company based in Madrid that will be launching its services in the 2nd quarter of this year. We're giving birth to our corporate image from the ground up and to begin with we're looking for creative designers that can seek deep inside our minds to try and and find the logo we're looking for. Once a winner is chosen, we plan to create standard stationary which includes business cards, papers and a folder. So care will be taken to produce a flexible logo to use in all these instances.
Truman will deploy vertical news video channels, mostly in-house production. Our first vertical channel will be motor news (everything related to car news, not only product launches but also interviews with directors, marketing guys, car dealers and buyers; experts in specific car areas, drivers and so on.). Next year we would like to expand to the scope of our company to Real Estate and Music video news. The slogan of the company is 'Información en Movimiento' (Information in Motion)
Our company will be dealing with senior people inside traditional newspapers and young people in charge of multimedia departments in news websites. So the logo can inherit some style from traditional brands, and can take also a bit of Web 2.0 styling, taking care of not adding unneeded glitter or shines to the image.
The logo should incorporate a symbol of any sort (it could be the T for TRUMAN) that can be used as 'watermark' on the bottom hand corner of the videos we produced.
As for the colours we wouldn't go for a combination of more than two colours, three only if fully justified. We like black, blue, red and orange. Being TRUMAN a 100% online video news agency, it's up to de contestants to add the .es (Truman.es) ending to the address or leave it out.
- A symbol, swirl, circle, star, letter or object that we can use as watermark for our videos. An eye, a symbol, a T....? you name it...
- Our slogan is information in movement (Information in motion) so any iconic representation of this will be interesting in the previous point.
- An image that appeals 'unplugged' people and definitely web 2.0 users.
- Logo has to be in Vector format (illustrator or Photoshop) and standard resolution images will be provided in JPEG.
- The logo should be equally appealing in original colour and also in Black and White when needed. Please see this link: http://minilink.es/7m3k
- The logo has to be 'light' : light to the eyes, light to a web structure, light as something that grabs our attention, and catchy when printed on a business card.
- Please disregard the current image we have in http://truman.es. Even better, don't have a look at it.
- No video cameras
- No video lenses