We are looking for a bright but classy design that stands out. Ideally, we would like it to have some identifiable symbol. Text should be readable but a swirly, whimsical font. The logo should be suitable to appear on a website, in print, and also on merchandise such as t-shirts or cups.
- Cadenza will work with performing arts organizations (including Opera Companies, Symphonies/Philharmonics,Ballet and Theater Companies) in their outreach to young peoples between the ages of 18 and 34. By hosting events after performances and using current, popular online social networks, we will create a social aspect to attending performances to revitalize young adult interest in the arts.
- The word “Cadenza”is an Italian term that refers to a section at the end of a concerto (a compositionfor orchestra and one or more solo instrumentalists) where the soloist displaystheir virtuosic skill in a passage unaccompanied by the orchestra. Originally,soloists improvised their cadenzas on the spot, though over time, it becamecustomary for composers to write their own cadenzas, still infused with animprovisatory feel. We have drawn inspiration from this idea of virtuosity andimprovisation, hoping that we can enable all young people to craft their own“cadenzas” when it comes to their experience with the performing arts. Wecelebrate individuality and want to encourage our users to design an artsexperience that most suits their needs and interests. Whether you are aperformer, a creator, a devoted audience member, or someone with little exposureto the arts, our motto is designed to remind you that “its your turn toimprovise!” We want our image to reflect innovation while keeping in mind the improvisitory nature of a cadenza itself. We want to give individuals an opportunity to create their own arts experience that suits them and their interests. The logo can be music-related but does not necessarily have to be. We would like the logo to be flashy and theatrical.
- We want the logo to consist of our title, "Cadenza" and tagline, "It's your turn to improvise!"
- Title: Cadenza
- Tagline: It's your turn to improvise!
- Flashy, theatrical, bright, eye-catching, needs to stand out, but at the same time sophisticated and not over the top.
- Swirly, whimsical font. But readable!
- Would look good on a website, in print, or on merchandise like t-shirts.
- Needs to appeal to a wide age range (teens through thirties)
- Should by artistic to reflect that we are an arts-related business
- Too cluttered
- Blocky letters
- We don't want a gender-specific color scheme.