Conservation Volunteers (Australia and New Zealand) is a leading practical non-Government conservation organisation with operations in both Australia and New Zealand. Conservation Volunteers’ mission is to attract and manage a force of volunteers in practical conservation projects for the betterment of the environment.
Conservation Volunteers Australia / Conservation Volunteers New Zealand
Conservation Volunteers is the leading practical conservation organisation, providing volunteer support to practical conservation projects (including tree planting, weed removal, track construction, fauna and flora surveys, etc.). Conservation Volunteers recruits and manage in excess of 12,500 volunteers per annum.
Age, sex, income, and other demographic details are wide and varied. More than 14,000 volunteers join our programs each year, including 2,500 volunteers from overseas.
Conservation Volunteers is proud to provide volunteer involvement and management on conservation programs through 27 years experience and as such, more than anything, our name is our brand.
Our programs are about volunteers achieving practical conservation outcomes – we are not a political conservation organisation, we’re about getting things done.
Volunteers see our programs as an enjoyable, recreational, learning experience – while helping the environment.
This logo will be used in web, print, advertising, stationary, invoicing, clothing and other collateral and needs to work at small (business card) size as well as large (billboard) size.
- Either two versions of the same logo depicting Conservation Volunteers’ operations in Australia and New Zealand or alternatively two logos which can sit comfortably side-by-side on joint promotional materials
- May include our strapline of Awareness, Action, Conservation
- Can use both text and a mark and text-only. If a mark is used, it must be clear from a distance and easily discernable/ distinguished
- Native animals, plants or birds may be used as a mark in the design but consideration should be given to the need for a national feel in each case – ie: we would not be comfortable with a species found only in one region
- May also consider ‘people / volunteers’, ‘country (location)’, ‘conservation’ or ‘environment’ as inspiration for design graphics –it doesn’t have to include wildlife
- No particular color preferences, but prefer no more than two or three colours, with the logo to be vibrant but not gaudy
- Needs to be able to be reproduced well in black and white as well as colour
- Must be scalable- the logo will appear on website, brochures, business cards, vehicles, uniforms, etc.
- Fonts to be elegant and sophisticated
- Look modern, but not modernist, and be something that will withstand the test of time
- Convey an environmental feel
- May be used on promotional merchandise such as t-shirts, hats, jackets etc for volunteers
- No logos containing cartoon or comic-style renderings
- No Echidnas, Bilbies, Frogs or Possums (already in use by other organisations) and no regionally-specific species – programs are national
- Nothing which ties the logo to a particular geographic area of either Australia or New Zealand – our programs in both countries are national
- No age-, ethnic- or gender-specific volunteer representations – our programs are open to all and attract a wide cross-section of society