219 Design (http://www.219design.com)
A few notes:
>> Feel free to play with color - it would be nice to feature the red, but it doesn't need to dominate.
>> Hey guys, thanks for all the great submissions so far. It's great that you guys are building off the feedback that I'm providing, but it would also be really nice to see more diversity in the entries... So feel free to go wild and do something different than what you see already in here.
We're a small, energetic design and engineering consultancy located in the silicon valley. We work on some awesome projects for clients big and small, from BMW, Panasonic, and NASA all the way down to some really clever small startups.
Our services include mechatronics (mechanical engineering + electronics), product design, industrial design, and software development. If someone brings us a product idea, we can make it happen for them whether they just need a prototype, some R&D, or full production.
Our visual identity hasn't kept up with our skills, and we're currently redoing our website, logo, and collateral. We need help coming up with a much needed update for our logo.
Visit our website for a bit more info (http://www.219design.com)
Our clients include big companies like BMW, Panasonic, NASA, VW as well as silicon valley startups and a few inventors.
Within those companies we typically work with product development or research and development groups.
The actual people we work for our a mix of engineers, product managers, designers and entrepreneurs.
First check out the attached logo and our website (219design.com).
Our website is going to be completely redone, but it should help you get to know us a little better.
We're looking to update our logo - we want something more professional, clean, contemporary. At the same time, we want to retain some of the essence of our current logo.
The new logo should:
- Include the number 219 in some form.
- Feature a red color similar to the one on the old logo.
- Bonus points if you can incorporate/refer to the parallelogram that frames our current logo.
- We prefer a clean, iconic look. Something that will stand the test of time, and not look cheesy or dated too soon.
- The logo should probably incorporate the word "Design".
- It might be nice for us to be able to easily remove the word "Design" when needed to make a simpler version of the logo.
- We call it "Two One Nine Design", not "Two Nineteen Design". If you can get that across without gimmicks, great. Otherwise, no big deal.
-Our logo will be used on our website, business cards, letterhead, invoices, etc.