AceTricks.com are looking for a logo for our upcoming site launch.
We will primarily sell magic trick video tutorials. Visitors can view tricks being performed, then purchase and instantly download the tutorial so they can perform the trick themselves. We will offer everything from traditional card tricks, through to street magic, mindreading and 'pub tricks/bets'.
The rest of the site will be designed around the logo you create – so you have a lot of freedom to design without limitations. We prefer a 2.0 style and a white background.
You might consider including: Playing cards, playing card symbols (clubs/hearts/spades/diamonds), magic wands, explosions/flashes/stars, money, magicians hats, rabbits, colored silks, etc.
Please see the full brief for all the details, more ideas, and examples of what we like/don't like.
More feedback on submitted designs will be provided in the comments.
*** Just a very quick message to say that I'm looking only now at logos that are long. The height of the word AceTricks should be AT LEAST 1/2 the height of the total image, anything over 2/3 is even better.
We will sellmagic trick video downloads. Visitors are able to watch magic tricks beingperformed and then purchase and instantly download video tutorials to learn thetricks themselves. The site will feature everything from traditional cardtricks and coin magic, through to edgier street magic, mindreading and pubtricks/bar bets.
Our intendeddemographic is young males aged 10-25 however parents will often use the siteto complete purchases for their children.
Most of thelogos on the following sites are not what we are looking for, however – you maywish to look at their sites to get a greater understanding of our market:
We need alogo. The logo will be shown in the top left of every page in the site. The logoshould look good at a variety of sizes.
Pleaseignore anything that is currently on http://www.acetricks.com the logo you design will provide the basis for the new design we will launchthe site with. You have a lot of freedom to design without too manyconstraints.
We’ve beenlooking for logos that we like in the magic market. The only one that we reallylike is actually a previous 99designs contest winner:
We do notwant a copy of the above logo, but it does have all the elements we are lookingfor:
- Web2.0 style
- Combinesmagic elements with the Hat, explosion and stars.
See the Want/Don’tWant sections below for more details and ideas.
- Must include“Ace Tricks” / “AceTricks” / “AceTricks.com”
- The logo mayor may not include a tag line.
- Logo must be wider than it is tall.
- Web 2.0style preferred (but not too pale - highlights and reflections are great, but not TOO light).
- Bold colorspreferred.
- Possible useof magical items (cards, hats, explosions, wands, money, browse the links abovefor more ideas)
- Thicker, simpler fonts and preferred over thinner simpler fonts - but this is a rule that can be broken.
- Format:Vector or layered Photoshop file. Designer must advise the names of any fontsused.
- Nothing toogirly – no pink, no magenta etc.
- Nothing too childish.
- Very pale designs.