Turunen Games is a startup video game company that focuses on casual and educational social network games. The nature of the company is to be fun, playful, humorous and quirky. Some irony and making fun of traditional, mainstream ideas and concepts (such as the informational signs seen around a city) is good. Additionally, the company needs to convey the sense of being clean, efficient and effective.
The target audience is the professional business and investment communities so the sensibility must be playful and fun as befits a video game company but also combined with a professional aspect.
Thoughts / Ideas / Characteristics / Themes for the logo:
* Finland and Finnish (color scheme is navy blue and white - check out the Finnish flag)
* skier and skiing - check out the sample logo
* playful and a little quirky (this is a video game company after all)
* would like a small stylized human character integrated into the logo to act as a mascot for future marketing and branding
* the human character should be stylized in a manner similar to a city informational sign (i.e. like the character in a bathroom, toilet or handicapped sign)
* optional: smoking (not directly illustrated but stylized via bubbles so as to not promote smoking itself) - note: the bubbles sometimes throws off the visual balance of the logo so this is optional
* need 3 logos in total: 1) a logo that DOES NOT say the full name of "Turunen Games" (incorporating just the "T" of Turunen perhaps); 2) a logo of the entire name "Turunen Games"; 3) a logo that combines the 2 logos above
* the winning design will likely be converted into follow-on work - a powerpoint template, a business card template and 1-page website splash page will all be required in the near future
* IMPORTANT NOTE: Have a concept that breaks any/all of the above requirements but is totally cool? I definitely want to see it!
Thank you for participating!