Showbiz Sandbox is a new weekly podcast which will review the previous week’s interesting entertainment news headlines. We are looking for a logo for both the podcast (iTunes album art) and the website where it will be hosted (http://www.showbizsandbox.com).
Showbiz Sandbox is a new weekly podcast which will review the previous week’s interesting entertainment news headlines. Besides its two regular hosts, some of today’s leading entertainment journalists, critics, industry executives, musicians, filmmakers and actors will be asked to join in each week to lend their opinion on the topics of the day. Think This Week In Tech (TWIT) or Meet The Press, but for show business news instead of tech or politics.We are looking for a logo for both the podcast (iTunes album art) and the website where it will be hosted (www.showbizsandbox.com). Presently the site contains a logo that is being used only as a placeholder, not as a conceptual solution. The podcast is being put together and hosted by two entertainment industry executives and we are paying for everything out of our own pockets. Hopefully this explains the modest size of the prize.
The name Showbiz Sandobx was chosen in part because the domain was available, but also because it seemed to fit the concept of the podcast; a whole bunch of entertainment junkies getting together in one place to express their opinions on their favorite topic, whether egotistical, childish, serious, humorous or downright idiotic and at times argue with one another. In addition, it often seems like those working in the entertainment industry display seriously childish behavior. Thus, the concept of a sandbox as both a child’s play area and (in tech development) a place to try out new ideas, seemed to fit.We had been playing around with sandcastles, shovels, pails in placeholder logos, but please do not let this influence your thinking. Every good idea that is well designed will be given serious consideration. All designs will be rated and commented on. The only design element we have settled on for the site is the red, black and grey color scheme.The logo will be utilized in all media, including the podcast album artwork, business cards and promotional items. No doubt we may need to work with the chosen designer to modify the logo for such purposes.
- A logo that really pops which is professional and incredibly hip (all of which are of course subjective qualities).
- The logo will need to scale so that it is readable or recognizable both on a website and in the album artwork that appears on an iPod or on iTunes.
- It can reference either the entertainment business, childrens sandbox or both.
- We have no problem with children’s sandbox references such as pails, shovels, buckets, etc.
- We are not averse to having an icon alongside or as part of the logo though it is not mandatory by any means.
- Keep in mind we may need to use part of the logo in the artwork for the favorites icon.
- If the logo makes visitors and listeners believe that the podcast and website was put together by a group of talented veterans who must be working for a large broadcaster or media conglomerate, we certainly wouldn’t complain!
- Nothing too cartoony.
- Nothing that can't scale or won't look good at smaller sizes such as the iTunes album art.