Sydney Uncovered Tours
I am a 30 year old Sydney woman who has a passion for travel and in many countries i've visited I have encountered some wonderful tour guides that have really added value to my trip and others that left me jaded! I've decided to become that wonderful tour guide for travellers in my home city and provide the value that many large scale operations fail to achieve!
A month ago I started Sydney Uncovered Tours which is designed to provide a premium and non-tourist experience of Sydney covering all of the essential Sydney sights plus everything in between from a locals perspective. I want my guests to leave feeling like a local and having gotten under the skin of this city. The business name was derived from the experience I am trying to create and offer:uncovering Sydney - the real Sydney. Only a local guide can truly offer that.
It is a premium service and all inclusive which includes private car, me as their guide exclusively with them all tour and the ability to change the itinerary to whatever suits them - the tours are completley flexible. I am a one person operation at this point.
My website will be established once I have a logo! In the meantime, more info on me and my tours can be found here: http://www.toursbylocals.com/sydneytours
Due to the nature of my tours (private car, exclusive local guide and maximum of 4 travellers, totally non-tourist etc) my tours are exclusive, highly personalised and are generally geared toward mature travellers, such as retirees and a lot of cruise ship passengers which are mainly from USA. Ultimately, travellers who have a reasonable amount of disposable holidays funds and want a genuine and non-tourist tour experience of Sydney and are prepared to pay a premium for this. So for back-packers and younger travellers my services certainly wouldn't appeal given these types are usually either on a budget or want the group travel/tour experience. My tours would appeal to the following markets:
- Retirees/travellers 35-40+
- Cruise ship passengers
- Wealthy travellers
- Peple who don't like large tour groups
- People wanting a genuine tour experience avoiding the usual tourist route
This part i'll leave to you - you have full creativity and design control. That's your job and that's what you're good at not me! All I can say is that i'm looking for someone to sum up my business, the experience i'm trying to offer and factor in the market i'm trying to target.
Some key things i'd like incorporated or considered however are:
- Include something iconic such as a map of Australia, Harbour Bridge, Opera house etc. Nothing too tacky or predictable.
- Provide a feel of acutally discovering something unique or 'uncovering' something to tie in with Sydney Uncovered Tours
- Professional and unique look
- Grass roots feel (from local perspective) or something elegant (considering target market) - what do you think?
- I like clean, fresh, and modern designs
- Design needs to work well within a webpage and possible on signage on a 4 Wheel Drive
- This logo will be used on everything from flyers, business cards and the website!
Thank you so much i'm honoured to have a professional work on my logo which is the face of my business - thank you for looking at my brief. Please contact me at any time if you have any questions or ideas!