This logo need is for an Attorney that is also an Engineer. We do not want the logo to look "old school" or old fashion as a typical attorney logo. ... we want something "out of the box" thinking, very contemporary and memorable.
General Counsel and Patent Attorney
Desired Color Scheme:
Trendy, Contemporary, Current Colors
Trendy, Contemporary, Current Styles - see examples
Accepted File Formats:
Standard Web Formats (.jpg, .gif or .png); Vector Formats (.eps, .pdf or .ai); Layered Formats (.psd or .tiff)
The logo MUST have:
- VERY contemporary look (reflection is good, but not required)
- Can be ABSTRACT, it does not have to be a typical "justice style" weight/beams like this: http://www.campusaccess.com/images/…school.jpg those beams are very "old school" but can be made to look contemporary if you want to.
- Perhaps have the elements of scales, but please don't overwhelm this direction, its SOOO expected and we're WANTING something different.
- the name "R.W. Armstrong II" AND "General Practice and Patent Attorney"
The engineer part is not mentioned as a "WORD" on the logo, but it is suggested visually... or perhaps not at all, we are flexible on this and don't feel you have to have ANYTHING related to engineering... but the words: Consulting, Precision and LAW should be three keywords to keep in mind... then add, Contemporary, Young and Energetic (don't take energetic to mean make it italic or add "speed" lines.. this needs to look UPSCALE somewhat, but not over the top.
- Keep it simple... very clean, HIGHLY reproduceable. ( would love to see a black and white/greyscale) version of the color one right next to it, so we can better get an idea of what that will look like
I have taken the liberty to show some sample that are "OK" and some that are not acceptable. I hope by showing you what is in the "right" direction will inspire you to create something even better.
DO NOT copy these designs but be inspired by the good ones and know what NOT do do by the look and feel of the bad ones. if you're going to be THROWN OFF or DISTRACTED by looking at these designs, then please don't look until perhaps you have completed yours.. whichever works best for you is fine, its up to you, and not a requirement to look at these, but it might help you complete the logo quicker.
Please post or email any questions, I am thrilled to be a part of 99designs and I know the many many talented designers here