VegasGamers.org is an online community for fans of tabletop gaming (Dungeons & Dragons, Warhammer 40K, Magic:The Gathering, etc.) who live in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our tagline is "Uniting Gamers from Las Vegas, Area 51 and beyond". We need a logo/mascot which fits our aliens/Area 51 theme.
Nombre de la empresa
¿Qué te inspira y qué diseño imaginas para tu empresa?
Given our aliens/Area 51 theme, there are few ideas that might work.- Alien "Grey" - You can see an example of at our website http://vegasgamers.org
- "Men in Black" also known as "MiBs". If you go this route, a cross between the standard MIB and the Blues Brothers might be fun.
- Alien Spaceship - This would be our least desired option. It is here because something unique could catch our eye. It could also be an element of the design if not the central element.The design will be used for our website, business cards, t-shirts and such. Credit and links (to your portfolio website) will also be provided on the website. Final work product will be rendered as a scalable vector graphic. Specifically, it should be delivered as an Adobe CS3 Illustrator (.ai) file.
Lo que desea
- DESIGN:- General illustration style should lean more towards a comic book style, with strong clean lines leaning towards realistic renders. Manga styles can work, but not in the "Big Eyes/Big Mouth" vein. Think Starblazers. - You may use any of the three ideas listed above or, if inspired a combination of them. - Ideas not listed above will be considered, but should be pretty awe-inspiring. - Regardless of choice, the mascot(s) should convey strength and warmth. They are ambassadors for our community. - It would also be nice to see the logo somehow incorporate Las Vegas. Aside from dice, gambling iconography (poker chips, slot machines, etc.) should be avoided - Our tagline is "Uniting Gamers from Las Vegas, Area 51 and beyond" - Current website can be seen at http://vegasgamers.org. This website will undergo a major overhaul once the the new logo is finalized. - All designs must be original and free of copyright issues.
- COLOR PALLETTE: The color pallette is open. Colors should be strong, but not super-bright. They should also work well together.
- TYPOGAPHY: Again, typeface/font choices are open. They should be strong and lean towards few to no serifs or other flourishes. Classic sci-fi fonts that evoke "Star Trek", "Star Wars" or other famous films/tv shows should be avoided.
- ICONOGRAPHY: The logo should be able to work as a square Twitter icon/badge/avatar.
- Don't put backgrounds behind the illustration. It makes it harder to evaluate.
- Our current aliens are purchased from iStockphoto.com. We like these guys, but we want original art. Don't creates something with stock art.
- If incorporating showgirls into the logo, avoid making them vulgar or overly sexy. They should be inviting, but not slutty.
- Aside from dice, gambling iconography (poker chips, slot machines, etc.) should be avoided at al costs.