BirminghamMom.com is a local blog for moms in the Birmingham, Alabama area. The site is known for its creativity, humor and resourcefulness. While successful as a blog, the site is undergoing a redesign process of the logo and site. The goal of the redesign is to create a site that provides current content through the blog but also a directory of resources and tips for busy moms in Birmingham.
The goal of this redesign process is to create a logo and webpage design that can be replicated (with minor adjustments) in other markets and one that provides an innovative, professional look for this important local resource. As moms, we also know that it is important to retain our humor!
Women age 25-50 with children
This audience can be described as follows: Busy, budget-conscious, multi-tasking, overworked, overwhelmed, exhausted, wants the best for her children and family, and powerful because of the many decisions she makes in a day
1. What are the brand attributes?
Resourceful, Humorous, Creative, Time-Saving, Current, Local (your neighborhood), Money-Saving,
3. What visuals communicate the brand personality?
Superhero, Purse/Bag with lots of ‘tools’ or resources (Mary Poppins bag),
4. Do you have any specific colors in mind for your logo?
Cool, modern colors – green, pink, brown, yellow, gray, blue
5. Can you describe the general look and feel of your ideal logo?
Abstract of the Mom/Superhero who is smart, creative, cool/hip and resourceful (think CEO of the house, Coach, Doctor… the many roles of a mother)
6. Is there a specific message or concept you want your logo to communicate?
Humor. On the Move. Empowered. The Mom who can do it all (with the help of BirminghamMom.com)
7. Do you want your logo to contain any specific symbolism?
Please be careful not to convey a specific ethnicity.
8. Is there anything else you would like to share that will facilitate the creative process?
Overall, we want a logo that conveys a sense of power to Moms who are overwhelmed by the multitude of decisions and tasks necessary to maintain a calm household and raise children. We also want to have a sense of humor.