THE CHALLENGE: A wordmark for our progressive design build firm called Butterfly Design Build.
I would like to have a wordmark that incorporates the shape of a butterfly roof or butterfly joint (here: http://www.emilschacht.com/gallery2…_itemId=98 into the word butterfly. I do not want a real butterfly in the wordmark!
1. we prefer either all caps 'BUTTERFLY' or all lowercase 'butterfly'
2. be sure that design.build or design + build or whatever you can come up with, will play a subordinate role to the word butterfly
3. we lead with 'design build' followed by 'green/sustainable' - we are designers and builders first and foremost, we just happen to do it in a green way
4. We don't want to alienate people by being to austere - we want it to be hip, welcoming and trustworthy
5. We love san serif fonts (helvetica forever!) but can be swayed by beauty and reason.
We're closer to this: http://www.bnim.com/
We're not this: http://www.tollbrothers.com/
We love color but don't want Sesame Street. Again, think smart, capable and savvy.
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Vector file format
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo.
The attached were things I was playing with and other relevant materials.