This contest is for a game treatment for a trivia game. An existing version of this game may be found at http://www.TriviaTown.com. While we will be uploading some screens that are specific to this contest, we highly recommend playing a few games on our site, so that you will have a better feel for the game flow and how certain elements work.
TriviaTown is unique in that the game contains over 130,000 questions from over 600 different categories. Player may customize their games for the ultimate trivia experience.
The casual gaming market is a broad demographic. Moreover, because we have some much trivia in so many different categories, the must be appealing to a wide audience. For example, people may select to play trivia games in everything from "World History" or "European Geography" or "Classical Music" to "Baseball", "Rap Music" and "Celebrity Couples".
That said, the target audience is the casual gamer and anyone that likes to play trivia games: target ages 18 to 65 and skewing a little older. In general, the casual gaming market is around 60% female.
We are looking for someone to take the interface elements of our trivia game on (see file "Game_In_Progress.jpg") and design a clean and punchy layout that is fun to interact with and easy to look at, since many of our players are older and don’t want to strain to see what is on the screen.
The game should have more depth and pop than it's surrounding container (see file "Full Screen.jpg"). The game elements need to really pop. We want to see what YOU come up with. We are NOT looking for new game ideas and the layout should be very similar to the existing files that we have uploaded.
- 3 "Game Screens" - This is really more like 1.3 screens because they are so similar.
- 17 "Power-Up" icons - This is really more like 4-6 because most are very similar e.g. 2x, 3x & 5x Points.
Some additional thoughts:
- You may move some elements around to show importance; however, we think this is about right. Do not shrink the container for the questions or the questions will not fit. Also, the "category image" (the clash) is just an example, there are 600 different images all with different color borders.
- What colors work best to show the interactive elements such as a correct or incorrect answer?
- Are there other ways to show the Power-Up Bar or the Time Bank?
- Finally, we highly recommend playing the game on http://www.TriviaTown.com
Phil & Joe