Would like a new design for http://www.dmcinfo.com. Most of the content is good but we would like a new look as well as some new features including a blog, a customer page (focused on our customer service), employee bios, white papers/general knowledge section, etc.
DMC is an engineering & software development company that provides solutions primarily for manufacturing companies - in a nutshell we create software that makes factories work, automate labs & for industrial products.
Our site should convey a very professional corporate image for a dynamic technical company. It should be clean & easily navigable. Our biggest selling points are that we're smart, have a wide range of expertise, we get things done, and we provide excellent customer service.
Ideally we would like the following pages:
Manufacturing Automation & Intelligence Tech Benefits
Although there are three "different" pages, everything should be really based upon the style of the home page.
We aren't looking to reinvent the content here - just the look, feel & navigation.
Our website currently has two main purposes:
- Lead Generation thru both SEO & pay-per-click campaigns
- Informative & educational for people who are considering doing business with us (basically establishing credibility with people we know but aren't yet doing business)A third future goal would be to make it a site to engage & service existing clients - e.g. having the blog to engage them, service them by having direct access to backend tools like our SharePoint site.
There are three main reasons why we are doing this redesign:
- Adding features we currently don't have
- Porting the entire site to an Open CMS (we will do this internally, after we have chosen a winning design) - right now it is in a proprietary CMS that is rather cumbersome to modify
- Having a design/look that will translate well into print materialThe fundamental challenge with the image of our company is that the more specific we get the more alienated most of our potential customers become. That is why we have so many case studies.
- All existing content/navigation of current website
- Add the following sections:- Blog
- Knowledge Section
- Customer Section
- A section detailing our commitment to excellent customer service
- Not too busy
- Translates well into print
- Crisp, sharp, geometric
- Clean background on either side to fill up the screen
- Ideas for anything I may have missed
- Maybe have our technical areas on the homepage (the reason I say maybe is that it might look too busy or confusing but perhaps with a cool image/graphic for each it might work) Manufacturing Automation & Intelligence
Test & Measurement Automation
Custom Software Engineering
- A CMS friendly format
- A copy of my existing site!
- Expensive photography
- Too busy or crowded