Cómo Sky Touch Travels comenzó su viaje en diseño de página web
Nombre de la empresa
Sky Touch Travels & Tours
Sky Touch Travels & Tours is a travel agency based in Nepal that is expanding to the US market. We are looking to rebrand ourselves as a professional, forward-thinking travel and tourism agency that caters to its clientele in order to make their travel experience a dream come true.
We are considering the following tag line: helping you reach for the sky
Cuéntanos a qué tipo de público quieres llegar
Our target audience is existing and potential travelers actively searching the web, considering traveling to or have already decided to travel to Nepal, Tibet, India or Bhutan (we will be adding Thailand in the near future) and need helping in booking their travel arrangements and/or want a customized tour package in and around the region.
Age Range: 18 – 65
Geographic Location: Worldwide
• We have an existing site but its design a bit dated and we need a fresh, clean Web 2.0 look and feel.
• We want a look that represents the natural beauty of the region, its culture and people.
• Nepal is our home so please look to images and icons from here. For example, Mt. Everest (Sargarmatha) or the Himalayan Mountain Range, Buddha (he was born in Lumbini, Nepal), the All-seeing Eyes of Buddha, etc.
• NEW LOGO - We do require a new logo. Our current logo is the globe and a plane writing Sky making a swoosh with the Y. We are very open to new ideas and we have a simple idea for a possible logo, but it does not feel like the best idea or even close. We are hoping that you will run with this as we believe your imagination and design skills will provide the best ideas.
• We will also be looking to take advantage of a marketing push by the Nepalese government: Nepal Tourism Year 2011 (http://www.welcomenepal.com). There is a section here for downloading images of Nepal (http://welcomenepal.com/promotional…hotographs) and logos (http://welcomenepal.com/promotional…?page=logo) that are free to use.
• We will be taking advantage of social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and a Blog
• We will be expanding the capabilities of the site to be multi-lingual
Please see attached document for full requirements
Número de páginas
Descripciones de páginas
Page 1 - Landing Page
Although we are still working out the content required for the landing page, our ideas consist of the following common items:
• Header with search, language selection, and register/login
• Horizontal navigation bar (with sub-navigation)
• News / Events
Page 2 – Tour Package Page
This page will list the details of the tour package. It will contain pictures of the different sites/area visited, a summary description of the trip, facts/highlights of the trip, and then more detail information such as itinerary, cost, departure information, etc.
http://nepaltravelandtour.com/ - This is a company that works in the same space as we do. Although this site is a bit dark for us, they’ve made it work. The layout is not overly cluttered and the areas of interest are clearly defined (Trip Search, News, a rotator of select destinations and a decent navigation). To point out, we are not opposed to a dark site if you can make it work but our initial opinion is a bright, welcoming site is better. If you want to, prove us wrong.
http://www.newsgator.com/ - Obviously, this is not travel-related, but I wanted to show a Web 2.0 site that has a clean look and feel. Although we feel the site is a bit muted, it is clean and well thought out.