mimo | amp
mimo amp offers production services spanning all facets of film and video production from corporate information films to music videos, documentaries and animation.
mimo amp is based in London but has clients around the world including a number of large corporate clients and creative agencies.
mimo amp require a site redesign that allows their portfolio of video and services to be viewed from a single page that remains both minimal and timeless (we do not want to have to re-design in 1 year).
The following keywords describe what we are looking for:
light background, minimal, timeless, professional, clean, minimal, vivid, will last
corporate clients, creatives, those with an eye for design, but all who have come to see the site content primarily rather than be distracted by the interface.
People come to see the portfolio, to see the work that is relevant to them and their industry, therefore it is important to make all categories equally visible.
We are fed up of re-designing our site every year, so we want a site that will remain 'timeless' for a few years.
To achieve this we want something modern, minimalist but not over stylised.
The purpose of the site is to allow viewers to browse the portfolio which consists of video represented by thumbnails, split into 4 categories (corporate, documentary, music videos, animation).
Each thumbnail will have a fancy tooltip on rollover with a client logo and information, and upon clicking will launch an overlay video player (video player is not part of the competition).
The idea is to have everything accessible from a single page to avoid the user getting lost.
The page must contain the following elements:
- "mimo amp" logo (see attachement).
- space for thumbnails from 4 categories (corporate, documentary, music videos, animation). Each category may contain up to 20 thumbnails, however designs may/should include a scroller or slider to allow facilitate this.
Thumbnails MUST be contained within their category groups.
- there does NOT have to be a video player as this will be invoked in an overlay when clicking on a thumbnail
- the following short text description of the company:
"mimo amp offers production services spanning all facets of film and video production. Please have a look around our site and contact us to see what we can do for you!"
- an area for 3-5 news items (these will come from twitter, but do NOT have to look twitter branded)
- an area with contact details and a link to invoke a contact form (form will appear in overlay, no need to design).