Daddyhunt is the largest social network, personals, and dating site for men over 40 (and their admirers). Our mission is to celebrate older gay men and to create a healthy, fun alternative to meat-market websites.
Daddyhunt is experimenting with new designs for our homepage to see which one users find the most enticing. We'd like you to try your hand at designing two different alternatives for us to use. Please visit our site, http://www.daddyhunt.com, to get a sense of our site design so that your design will be compatible with the general color scheme and look of our site.
While our site welcomes men of all ages, our primary target is gay men over 40. Our visitors are men who prize masculinity, maturity, and natural looks over sculpted abs and perfect eyebrows.
While many of our visitors will be familiar with other dating sites, we also wish to welcome visitors who have never tried a personals site before. We want these designs to be welcoming, friendly, and easy-to-follow for our less web-savvy visitors.
Both versions should contain the following elements:
* A sample testimonial: "I got tired of the meat-market drama, so I tried Daddyhunt. I'd wondered where all the real men were - now I know!" -- veinyboy, 31
* Total userbase population (202,368) and online now (3,657)
* Our logo
* The tagline "Meet Real Men of ALL Ages in San Francisco!"
* A simple login link
* A powerful image of a hot guy or couple (some are attached)
1. QUICK SEARCH - This version would focus on getting visitors to try a sample profile search. It should have the following fields (in addition to the ones above):
* Search box with:
...* "I'm looking for " dropdown (Daddies/Hunters)
... * Country dropdown
... * State/Province Dropdown
* A signup link
* 4 or 5 sample profile pictures with usernames
A few examples of dating sites with a "preview search" focus are:
2. QUICK SIGNUP - This version would focus on encouraging the user to sign up right from the front page. It should have the following fields (in addition to the ones above):
* Sign up box with:
... * Username
... * Email
... * Password
... * Submit button
* 10 - 20 sample profile pictures with usernames
A few good examples of "fast join" dating site pages are: