This contest is for redesigning home page for http://www.giggleshirt.com. Coding is not required to win, just a good-looking design. In the brief you will find links to pictures, a new logo, and a paper prototype of the site.
Here are some pictures of t-shirts you can use: http://www.giggleshirt.com/pictures…images.zip
Here are a few pictures of people wearing t-shirts:
Here is the logo:
Here is the paper prototype I did:
The paper prototype is meant as a guide, but it is hoped that you will find opportunities to improve the layout or design. There are several items in the home page:
1) Header: Logo, Navigation bar, and a place for a small promotional graphic in the upper right
2) Gallery: Tabbed gallery of shirts for sale. Each shirt listing has above it a popularity rating indicated by stars (or other fun symbol you provide). The list below has information about the shirt such as name, price, etc, as well as buttons to take various actions with this specific shirt.
3) A slideshow area featuring top selling items
4) Some user response links
5) A panel on the lower left that promotes the site by prompting the user to click further and participate in something
6) A panel in the lower middle that is intended to show the user that they can rate shirts, show them how, and encourage them to explore the Gigglebucks system
7) A user input form in the lower right. I the prototype, I gave generic, meaningless field names. I’m just looking for the style here so that we can base future design work on it.
8) A basic footer with a copyright and some navigation links.
- Simple is better
- White space is OK
- Easy to read
- a trendy, crisp appearance
- Function over form, but pleasing to the eye
- Icons & buttons that are your work
- black background