A premier hair salon with 35+ years in an exclusive Southern California community is looking for a beautiful and effortless design for our website. We have a thorough description, are very open to your creative ideas and look forward to working with all talented designers. Please read the brief for all the details.
We want a homepage template designed that can be used as a basis forthe entire site. The primary purposes of the site are to establish tothe visitor that this is a premier salon, it is beach chic, relaxed andbeautiful. We want a WELCOMING design. The main goal is to lead the visitor to call or click to contact the salon.
Thetemplate homepage should be obvious and as self evident as possible,don’t make the visitor think and lead them to click or call the salon.
Please read the entire brief to get all the details and please let us know if you have any questions, we really look forward to your creative designs!
- Size: 800 to 960 pixels wide (this is flexible, but it needs to be a standard size that works well with joomla or drupal)
- Keep the same logo design, but the colors (please do not use the green and yellow in the logo posted below), position and orientationcan change and it can be modified slightly as long as the generaldesign of the logo remains the same.
Here are only digital files we have of the logo:
http://www.visionwindmedia.com/proj…oyello.gif - Please do no use these colors though
http://www.visionwindmedia.com/proj…logobw.psd - black and white version.
- We are looking for a color palette using:
Coral Pink (Hex: #F88379) (RGB: 248, 131, 121)
- Elements of Sites we like:
Like blues from montage spa site:
Clean design of sites lucy.com (also like colors of corals on lucy) and restorationhardware.com
Like the theme/atmosphere of Tommy Bahama style, no so so much their website, mostly their catalogs and physical stores.
Like the look of the site http://www.rubann.com/ and that the focus is on calling and services offered
- A prototype of elements is to get an idea of the elements we are lookingfor to present on the page is below, it is not meant to be a placement guideline, feel free to move,adjust and transform the elements as your creative talents desire. Click on the small yellow notes to see comments about the elements and many of the buttons/links are live.
Click here to see the prototype of elements
1. A completed homepage template in PSD format, that is ready to be converted to CSS/XHTML, keep in mind this will be used with a joomla/drupal CMS, please design accordingly.
2. An example of how this template will apply to the stylists bio page and/or other pages on the site.
We don’t want a cluttered or overwhelming site, the idea is toquickly communicate the idea of elegance, beauty and class in a beachchic relaxed and welcoming site.
Please don't make a design that will need to be entirely made in flash. We are planning to use CSS with Joomla or Drupal for site.
Pleasecompletely ignore our current site at: http://www.kittieolivier.com the newsite should look nothing like this site or color scheme.