Cómo aHa! comenzó su viaje en diseño de página web
We are upgrading a City's home page and need a sharp, professional design
¿Qué te inspira y qué diseño imaginas para tu empresa?
We are an IT Consulting company building a new Web CMS for a US City with a population of about 25,000 people. We have completed a site map (navigation details), and now we need a sharp home page design to go with it.
We will take the winning PSD layered file and will take it from there. Depending on the strength of the winning design, we may award the winner work to build a sub-page design as well.
Lo que desea
- Header: We need a design with a header section that incorporates 4 elements: 1. the city name (use City of Parkshill New York) 2. a banner that contains either a photo collage from the below photos or a single non-collage photo where we will incorporate a rotating photo banner - banner photos you may use in your design but not required can be found at http://100.teamwebpresence.com/files/images.zi 3. a search box 4. a global nav menu with 4 items (Residents, Business Owners, Departments, eGov Services). We will turn this into a hovering drop-down menu
- Sample site for header: We like the look of the Cadillac, MI City website header and left sidebar - The entry home page at http://www.cadillac-mi.net and the secondary home page at http://www.cadillac-mi.net/index.asp?nid=4 (althoughthe entry page banner's height is too large - takes up to much space). We think we like the secondary home page a bit better than the entry one but really like both
- Left Sidebar: we want a left sidebar and would like to incorporate an iconic menu in the top portion of the sidebar for these links (City Calendar, Forms and Permits, Parks & Recreation, Online Videos, and Contact Us)
- Main content area: We like the dashboard effect found at http://westlinnoregon.gov and want it to be similar to this but be flashier / stand out more
- Footer - flexible here
- Color: The City's color is Dark Blue or Navy blue, but there is some flexibility here. We definitely need blue in the design but we want accent colors in addition to blue and the use of gradients and/or dropshadow effects would be a bonus
- PSD file: we want the PSD file with decent layering so we can quickly slice this into our final design
- Quick turnaround: we are going to post the contest for one week, but if we find a design we love by Friday end of day Pacific Standard time we will stop the contest and award the winner --- we would ideally like to move forward with implementation this weekend
- Professional, crisp, clean
- not too,too radical - this is a city site, so it needs to be a professional and fairly progressive look but still appeal to a large, diverse visitor base - city residents
- no city logos - they have an old outdated logo that we don't plan to highlight on the site -- a new logo is not in scope