We are an early-stage startup. Our site allows you to organize and share all of your content from a number of different sites all in one place. Your friends can collaborate by submitting their content as well. So now the video that you took at the BBQ that's on YouTube, and the photo Bill took from the same BBQ that's on Facebook, and the hilarious Tweets Maggie wrote from said BBQ can all be in the same place no matter where they live on the Web. So now instead of sending a ton of different links to different sites you can just send one link to Dather. And to make all of this easy to find we've organized events onto a scrollable timeline.
And yes, we do plan to be the next big thing.
The same people that use Facebook, so pretty broad. High school to college to moms to grandpas. I think most users will be fairly heavy social media users from 18-35. We don't want to cater to the technorati crowd with an uber hipster gradient on gradient design, but also don't want to alienate them.
We aren't going to redesign the rest of the site, just the homepage. We want the front page to act more like a splash/landing/info page to better explain to new visitors what the site is all about. The logo is not changing nor is the general color scheme on internal pages. But for the homepage we want less muted colors (grays and browns). The brighter colors in the logo are good. We don't want neon/hot pick colors, but something less drab than is what on the homepage now.
I've highlighted the components below in no particular order.
*Please do not include the timeline that is on the current site in the version you make.
1) Header - from the site as is
Their are two taglines (they won't be on the same page at the same time). 1 version should be "Timeline your world" and the other should be "Save your past"
3) We want to highlight 3 features of the site. They should have both graphics and text. And should be the same size as one another. And they should be in the following order: Group, Organize, Share.
- Graphic should convey that Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, photos, videos, blog posts all live together on Dather.
Text: Dather allows you to save all of your stuff in one place. Bring your photos, videos and tweets together from Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and more. All on one site.
- Graphic should be a screenshot of a Dather timeline
Text: The timeline makes your stuff easy to find. No more long vertical pages followed by hitting page next. Just scroll left to move back in time and right to move forward.
- Graphic should convey that lots of people can share their different types of content together. Basically people collaborating all different kinds of stuff - photos, videos, tweets, posts
Text: Sharing is more than just emailing, posting or tweeting a link. With Dather you can truly collaborate -- store your stuff with your friends' stuff, regardless of where it came from.
4) There needs to be a big call to action to sign-up. The text in the button should be "Get Started Now"
5) A link to watch a video to learn more. Don't want a screenshot used to represent the video though.
6) A module that lists 4 different sample timelines from the site. Each timeline should have a thumbnail, heading and subheading.
7) Footer - from the site as is