Bloomfield Township Public Library
We are in the final stages of completing the Library's new website. We have implemented Drupal and are migrating content from the existing website (http://www.btpl.org) to the new site (http://ahadev.com/btpl). We were delayed in starting the graphical design phase due to a rebranding effort by the Library - which is now complete. The primary artifact that came out of that effort which impacts the design of the Library's website is the new logo and color scheme. (Details of the new logo can be found at http://ahadev.com/btpl/homepage/99designs-0).
The primary tasks associated with this contest is to create the visual designs for the homepage of the site (http://ahadev.com/btpl), a departmental landing page such as the adult services page (http://ahadev.com/btpl/adult-services) as well as a page for the youth page of the site (http://ahadev.com/youth-services).
The layout for those pages is complete - the page structure for all pages will consist of the top menu bar, a page specific banner area, a secondary navigational bar below the banner, followed by the general content area and the footer. Each page is divided in to "regions" and "blocks" - which have already been defined and implemented on the development site.
The Library serves a broad and diverse population. The target audience includes:
1) Children (toddler through pre-teen)
2) Teen agers
3) Young Adults / College age
4) Young Families
5) Senior Citizens
6) Business owners
7) The general population of the Bloomfield Hills Township (Detroit Michigan Area)
A few guiding principles for your consideration:
1) The colors used should map to the colors of the new logo
2) The library just moved into a new building. Pictures of the new building and its interior can be found at: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Blo…ic+Library - we suggest studying the pictures to get a feeling for the overall look of the library. The website must fit with the interior design of the Library building.
3) The logo should be prominently displayed
4) Each departmental landing page/banner should clearly identify which area of the website the user is currently on. You may look at what we did from a conceptual standpoint at http://ahadev.com/btpl. Other creative approaches to displaying that information is encouraged.
5) The youth page must maintain the overall structure -- but it must be children friendly (something that would grab and hold the attention of a pre-teen child).
6) All designs must be delivered as a layered Photoshop (psd) file - which each graphical element as its own layer - arranged into logical groupings.