A business that specializes in women's only (30-75) tour holiday packages need a quick loading home page design (uncoded of course) that will be later coded into a content managed system. Don't be afraid to think outside the box.
interesting itineraries for women
Our client is a women’s only tour operator catering for the needs of those looking to share travel experiences with other like minded women. The service will be focusing on an Australian audience.
My business has been engaged to do a site redesign that looks highly professional, classy, vibrant and easy to navigate. The color focus of the business is a light pink shade (#FFD5DA) and charcoal (#383838) and will incorporate a dhtml horizontal drop down menu. You will need to allocate space for a flash driven slide show in the header section. I would also like to see the use of maybe some light lime greens and/or pastel sunburnt oranges as vibrant contrasting feature colors.
The sites main content container needs to be approx 790px wide but doesn't necessarily need to look like it's in an actual container visually. I would like to see the narrow 'band' section (referenced below) incorporated into a 'frame-less' main content area so that the whole site flowed but still had the center container area fixed. (sorry, I find it hard to explain what I have in my mind) For a concept reference see this design.
For a further ideas please see the following:
thesilverspoon Need to have a background band like this (150px height max) site we previously designed. Please incorporate a light elegant swirl pattern in the above stated pink tone and possibly #F0047F or the pattern in white.
clubmed Like the swirl in the 'search and book' box to the middle left, and the whole upmarket, classy look. Client also likes the special offers box.
easyweddings.com.au Client likes the pink tones of this site, but the overall site is 'too pink'
Logo is here
completed design in both a layered .png and .psd
Menu items are: Home, Tours, Become a Member, Blog, About Us, Contact Us. Tours will have a sub nav drop down with: Overview, Our Tours, Bookings, Options, Insurance.
Please try site designs with this slideshow image.
- See description above...
- A blend of square and small (radius) rounded corner containers
- Opt-in form element above the fold with first name: and email:
- Special offers box
- A 'Women's quote of the day' box
- A good balance of attractive looks and light image size for quick loading when sliced
- Must have a professional and clean look and feel, but still have an inviting feel.
- Contrasting feature colors to blend with those mentioned in brief.
- Placeholder for a flash image slide show in header - was thinking approx 780 x 190 (full width), but I dont want to lock your creativity into that model. Again use your imagination. Could sit adjacent to the logo perhaps, if it works well?
- Overly corporate.
- Search box
- Individual tours listed on the page
- Anything that looks cheap and tacky