We run a cool social search service.
We need to modify our homepage to something similar to Bing, ie a clean and simple page dominated by a single background image.
No new design elements are needed, just re-hashing and simplifying of existing stuff.
www dot nsyght dot com
1. New homepage with a single image background, similar to bing.
- single search box
- space top right for a tag line
- two search buttons, one asking users to "search everyone" another to "search your friends"
- single text link on the top right of the page, to "login"
- copy of our current footer on the bottom
- placement of our current logo on the top left of the page
- if color is an issue for the search box, the grey shaded area we use on e homepage may be used to help the box stand out
2. Small popup that displays a rehash of our current login options (facebook, Twitter, etc). This will appear via js when the user selects "search my friends"
3. New CSS class to introduce a background color to our social posts (current background is white). No other style or layout changes needed, color is meant to stand out while not being obtrusive, so a soft yellow or cream would work fine.
Unfortunately due to time constraints, I must select a winner before the end of the weekend.
I will upload the image to be used shortly, the image on our current homepage is what we will use (but it is cropped for space considerations)