Yarnmaker is a multi-award winning short film production company. We need your talents to design two bold, matching web templates: A homepage, and a subpage (content page).
Yarnmaker is a new, creative film company so we would like our new web design to be strong, bold and stylish. It should also be “competent” to instill a sense of confidence in the viewer. The new design will establish a strong theme for the entire site.
People will use our site primarily to see what we are working on, if there is any upcoming work, and to see what we have done in the past. Please keep this in mind.
Our new logo should be prominent in the design and set the mood of the templates. Do not use the old logo on our current site. Download the new logo here:
You can rearrange the logo and its text if this helps your design, but the logo image and the text must both appear.
Navigation must be tidy, obvious, and lead the user to where they want to go. No Java-run dropdown menus. Entries with cryptic or unusual navigation will be eliminated.
Consideration should be given to your colours for normal links, highlighted links, and followed links.
Pages should still look nice when the browser is expanded to maximum.
The two required templates are:
See http://www.yarnmaker.com our current page. The new design should include the same elements but redesigned, being:
* Our new logo at www.yarnmaker.com/logo/
* The introduction text about the company
* Section(s) for upcoming and current projects
* The section for open casting calls and crew calls (must be removable for when there are no open calls)
* The list of completed productions
* Company news headlines
2. CONTENT PAGE.
See http://www.yarnmaker.com/news/show.…article=21 for a current sample.
The files are to be delivered both as a PSD and as a Flattened PNG in case there are any PSD version issues.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you have questions, requests or concerns. I want to help you get the right design for us!
- Two templates required: “Homepage” and “content page” (as above).
- Download our new logo (as above).
- To stay away from black heavy backgrounds, if that is possible (our logo may force you to use black).
- Must still work when the browser is at full screen.
- Clear and tidy navigation that lets the user find what they want.
- Delivery: both a PSD (for layers) and a Flattened PNG.
- Stock photography.
- Tacky film clichés, like film strips, slate boards, megaphones, stars, etc.
- Cryptic or unusual navigation.
- Drop down menu navigation.
- Do not use the old logo on our current site.
- We are not fans of white text on black backgrounds, but our primary logo design may require you to use a black background – if you use a black background, you will need to ensure the text areas are handled stylishly.