Pop's Italian Beef & Sausage
Pop’s Italian Beef & Sausage is a local fast food restaurant chain serving the greater Chicago area with various lunch and dinner menu items, specializing in fresh Italian beef & sausage sandwiches.
Any consumer interested in freshly-made Italian beef sandwiches and a variety of other lunch and dinner menu items.
Pop’s Italian Beef & Sausage is interested in a complete redesign for their website located at popsbeef.com. Look and feel should be clean, organized and fun, primarily using the logo colors (reds, black/white) throughout the layout, with occasional accents of yellow. The homepage design is essential and should consist of the following elements:
• Logo (included in link below - please use circular version!)
• Tagline – “Our Beef is Cooked and Sliced Fresh Daily”
• Main Navigation – within header area or side navigation depending on your design:
• About Us
• In The News
• Contact Us
• “Find A Location” (Enter city & state or zip code, with a submission button) – likely built into header
• Large area for Flash animation – will animate through different menu items (use provided images in link below).
• The main body area should have a column or section for specific calls to action, see example sites (Al’s Beef) below.
• An area for a testimonial – something that would carry through to subsequent pages, alternating through different testimonials. Feel free to create your own copy for placement.
• A brief footer for copyright information and navigation.
(continued from above)
Examples of competing restaurant’s websites are buona.com, portillos.com, and alsbeef.com. We feel Portillo’s website is too busy/generic and Buona’s website is appealing in its simplicity but less refined in terms of design. Al’s Beef is appealing in design and feel, the testimonials are excellent, and having call to action items along the side is appealing as well.
An optional element for addition is a illustrative cartoon (not animation) showing how fast Pop’s "fast food" really is (i.e. The owner tossing beef sandwiches to happy customers), essentially saying “subs so fast you’ll freak” in a fun cartoonish way.
Download of logo & primary imagery:
This link contains the vector logo files to use for the website, along with a selection of menu item images for use on the homepage and possibly throughout the website (depending on your design). If necessary, feel free to edit, mask backgrounds, enhance colors, etc., of these images to improve the appeal of the photography. Please note the roast beef sandwiches are most important and should be highlighted over the other menu items.
Please note: For the contest, please design the homepage only. Upon winning the contest, the winning designer is required to design two additional webpages (for example: location search, restaurant menu). We will script the HTML/CSS ourselves based on the chosen design and subsequent pages.
Updates and feedback will be provided daily. Thank you for your interest and participation!